By now if you are a fan of hip-hop or pop music you have probably heard the hit single by Justin Timberlake titled “Suit and Tie.” This song has taken over the radio and is getting more plays than “Thrift Shop” now! Whether a fan of Justin Timberlake or not, the man has great musical talent. The song “Suit and Tie” is very different from what he has done in the past though, and I would have to say the album is also pretty different.
The rest of the album really slows down and gives the R&B feel, opposed to the club beats.
1. Pusher Love Girl – 7/10 – This is the intro to the album and it has a good feel to it. It has JT using his voice to the fullest and is a catchy tune, the beat also switches up about 3/4s into the song into a funky stylish beat. I feel that a better place for this song it would be in the middle of the album, but doesn’t give me that push to keep listening like an intro should.
2. Suit and Tie – 9.5/10 – The first big hit off the album shows up as the second track of the album and right where it belongs. The R&B/Dance feel this song gives is great, and also mixes a rap verse from Jay-Z. This song always gets me dancing whether I’m in a bar or at home by myself.
3. Don’t Hold The Wall – 5.5/10 – The begining of the song starts out slow and kicks into a Timbaland style beat. This starts off extremely catchy and after awhile you are wondering how many times they will repeat the same line over and over again. Soon as it reaches seven minutes you are just hoping it will end soon so you can get to the next song.
4. Strawberry Bubblegum – 8/10 – This is a very R&B style song that could put you to sleep or make you fall in love with the person you are listening to it with. It’s a very feel good song and gives you the seductive Justin Timberlake we all have grown up listening to. The beat switch in the middle of the song mixes it up quite well and keeps you intrigued.
5. Tunnel Vision – 8/10 – Nothing says Timbaland and Justin Timberlake like the beat to this song. It takes you back to Shock Value and the collaboration of those two, years ago. This song is much more fast paced than many of the others, but it is a great intermission for the slower stuff and has a great feel.
6. Spaceship Coupe – 8.5/10 – It literally feels like I am flying into space with the person I love most. This has all the requirments of a Justin Timberlake song.
7. The Girl – 9/10 – The shortest song on the album is one of the greatest with an awesome beat, instruments, and beatboxing. This is definitely a hidden gem on the album.
8. Let The Groove Get In – 7.5/10 – A repetative song but worth the money. Not a usual JT song, but definitely makes you want to get the groove in you. This song will get you tapping your foot from start to finish.
9. Mirrors – 9/10 – This song could potentially be another song we will be hearing on the radio at some point. Great beat, great vocals, and a song that will make you want to memorize the words and sing along.
10. Blue Ocean Floor – 7.5/10 – By far the song I have listened to the least, but still a great listen with talent poured into it. This is how JT ends his album (unless you bought the Target version) and it’s definitely the song he poured his heart into while writing it.
Altogether I would give the whole album an 8.5/10 or an 85%. It’s very hard these days to find an album that is consistent throughout the whole listen and keeps you wanting to listen to it over and over again. It is’nt my favorite album of all times, but is probably my favorite Justin Timberlake album, and very high on my list for R&B/Pop albums. I would suggest buying the whole album if you are a fan and supporting this artist so he can keep improving his music.